Monday, April 12, 2021

Wait Toto, We ARE in Kansas

 

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter K

Things typically heard when I mention that a road trip will take me through Kansas:
 
"Oh my, I hear it is totally flat, won't it be boring? "
 
"Seriously, I hear it is all cornfields?"
 
"Why don't you pick some other route? I hear there is nothing to see in Kansas"


 I say, if you want to see the true beauty of Kansas, exit the freeway and take the scenic country roads.
 
 

 
 Miles of stone fencing built by pioneers  stretch over the rolling hills.
 
 
 
 
 
 Wonderful farmland and lovely red barns dot the countryside.
 
 
 
 
 
A Giant Van Gogh "Sunflowers" painting in Goodland is definitely a fun sight to stop and see in Kansas.

 


The moral of the story?  One persons "boring" is another persons beauty

AND

If you ever get the chance to drive through Kansas, do it!!


#AtoZChallenge 2021 badge

5 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Hear! Hear! Find the beauty wherever you are, right? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously Kansas back roads are some of those Roads Not taken, that should be.
    I love the barn

    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Kansas, but it does look pretty! And no state looks all that good from the Interstate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks anything but boring. Love the pics.
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/13/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-k/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive