Monday, April 5, 2021

Eureka!!


#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter E 

 E is for the town I currently call home, Eureka CA. Frequently confused with the imaginary town that hosted the TV show of the same name, the Eureka where I live has a history more in lumber and less in science fiction.

 

 


 The Carson Mansion, built by lumber big shot John Carson, is one of my favorite buildings to photograph. The eclectic Victorian architecture draws my eye every time I stroll past.

 

 
We are lucky enough to have a park with a beautiful Redwood Grove right here in town. Sequoia Park is a beautiful place to spend a morning with my camera watching the light filter through the majestic trees.




  My favorite thing to photograph in Eureka comes around every July. Sequoia Gardens grows the most gorgeous array of dahlias I have ever seen. You can find me there at least once a week through the summer months  perusing the different colors and photographing these beautiful flowers.


I count myself lucky to live in such a beautiful area, with so many different things to see.

 

 

#AtoZChallenge 2021 badge

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Evidently you know how to pick a dwelling place!!! I always look forward to the dahlia show through your lens... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eureka describes my thoughts on the most beautiful post
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that mansion is spectacular! Looks like a beautiful town altogether.
    Black and White: E for Eden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing and that building is something else. I’d love to see those redwoods...one day maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive