Sunday, April 4, 2021

Desert Day

 

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter D

D is for Desert.

 

 In this case, the desert along Interstate 40 as I drove through the southern edge of California's Mojave National Preserve.


 
 Although hot temperatures aren't one of my favorite things about the desert, I'm always in awe of how even the scarce vegetation stays green in the arid climate.
 
 


 
 Abandoned shelters, including small houses, ranches and occasional restaurants, always spark my imagination and have me wondering the circumstances behind their abandonment.
 
 

My favorite thing about the desert though, is its simple vastness.  The beauty of seeing nothing but sand and scrub for miles in all directions has a way of making one feel small.



#AtoZChallenge 2021 badge


3 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Oh, that ability to see only the horizon, like being at sea (without the wobble), yes, helps put things in perspective!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to visiting deserts again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true about the vastness of the desert making us feel small. I haven't been to a U.S. desert, I need to make my way over to the western states and see some of the beauty that's there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive