Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday at the Table - Shrimp Salad



AllthesmallstuffTuesattheTableRedGi

I decided to use a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer that I bought a couple of weeks ago to make a Shrimp Pasta Salad for lunches this week. There are many different ways that you can alter this recipe depending on your taste in herbs, dressing and veggies. I used what I had on hand, and kept it low fat/low cal for today's version!

Shrimp Pasta Salad - This will make 4 servings

Shrimp
1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed, rinsed and chopped
(this is also a GREAT recipe to use up leftover boiled shrimp)

Tomato-Scallion
Mix together 10-12 grape tomatoes halved, 2 scallions chopped, 1tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic, salt and pepper to taste. You can add cooked peas, cucumber, celery, olives or avocado to this mixture if you like.


Shrimp-Tomato-Scallions
Stir in shrimp and 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing, I used a fat free version. Refrigerate anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight. You can add mayo for a creamier texture, I skipped this..because, you know, the whole calorie thing


Pasta
Cook 4 oz paste (I used whole wheat bow tie, but any other small pasta would work) as directed on package when you are ready to finish the salad (after marination). After cooking is complete rinse thoroughly with cold water.

Mix-All-Together
Once the pasta has cooled, mix with the marinated shrimp mixture.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.



Finished-Product
Serve alone, or on a bed of lettuce.
 Garnish with your favorite fresh herb(s). Today I used freshly cut basil but plan to chop some cilantro for tomorrow's salad! I Feel free to mix it up! Later in the week I will garnish with 1T Gorgonzola one day and 1T walnuts.

Num...Num...I'll be adding Progresso Light soup servings to this for healthy low cal lunches the rest of the week!!

Go over and visit Cole at All the Small Stuff to find more great recipes!!

3 comments:

  1. I love a GREAT!!! pasta recipe and this sound like one.
    I have become a follower of your blog, I love to share recipes and ideas. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds good. I love this meme, I hope I can get me act together and put one up next Tuesday. Thanks for the recipe.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!