Friday, August 3, 2018

Fluttering Fun

 I thought I would wrap up our visit to Stan Hywet Gardens with a trip to the Butterfly House!

 When we were visiting, we saw mostly Monarch Butterflies in all stages of development.


 From caterpillar


Who were much fun to watch as they went on their leave tasting trips....



...and then spinning their cacoon...



...and encasing themselves in their chrysalis

I love the splashes of yellow!


 ...and then emerging into butterflies!!



 ...or moths ;-)



Aren't their markings beautiful!!


Hans Christian Anderson said it best, didn't he??



 
 I could have stayed here for hours!!
Thanks for joining me the past few days on my tour of Stan Hywet Gardens! 
 If you are ever in the Akron/Cleveland Area, make sure to take a morning or afternoon and spend sometime smelling the flowers!

6 comments:

  1. A HOUSE FULL of BUTTIE PILLARs!!!!!!
    Of point me in the right direction
    Gosh, I do luffs the monarch pillars, they are sooo pretty all all stages
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    OMW that is a most beautiful post to end the series on!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've seen a few butterflies around lately and they are beautiful. Love the caterpillar shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see this.. with my own eyes... I did not know the had black and white polkadot chest area... sooooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stars above what a lovely place to visit. Did you have any buttie pillars land on your noggin?
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!