Sunday, April 18, 2021

Pepperwood and the Avenue of the Giants


#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter P 
 When I need to get away, but only have a few hours available, I am lucky enough to  escape for the afternoon to one of the most beautiful areas in Northern California, the Avenue of the Giants.
 
 

 At approximately 32 miles, the Avenue of the Giants is a leisurely drive through the beautiful California Redwoods.  I start my journey at the Northern end of the avenue in Pepperwood, CA(located about 40 miles south of our home).
 
 

 
 
The Avenue of the Giants runs through the Humboldt Redwoods State Park. Trail maps are located all along the Avenue.
 

 
Make sure to hike the beautiful trails that run through the area! With miles of trails, you could easily be the only one around for miles!
 
 

 
It's amazing how small you can feel while hiking among the towering redwoods. 
 
 
 

 
 But don't forget to look at the small stuff...


 
 
...unexpected beauty can be found by looking down, as well as up.



 
 So, if you are ever in the area, make sure to take a leisurely drive(and maybe a hike) along the Avenue of the Giants!
 

#AtoZChallenge 2021 badge

4 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Oh my word... I actually took a deep breath as I gazed on those trees!!! Words fail... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with YAM...my goodness me. Such grandeur so close by too. What pretty lavender flowers.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks spectacular. there’s something similar in southwest Western Australia with Tindle trees.

    https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com/2021/04/19/passionfruit-pufftaloons-and-paella/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Archive