Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A is for Austin

LETTER A #AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter A
 
I've been pondering how much and what to write about the places I'll share in the next 30 days and have decided to keep things fairly short and share my favorite three things about each place I've visited. Although they may not always go hand in hand with the pictures, they may give you a peek into both the place and to me.
 
Now...let's get started!

Austin has a special place in my heart, as I lived there for 13 years beginning in 1999. Its skyline may have changed over time as the city continues to grow and prosper, but the city is still as friendly as I remember!


 
The (University of)Texas Longhorns football team is probably my favorite thing about Austin or maybe it's how Austin and all of Texas take their football seriously. Regardless, you'll find me in burnt orange most every Saturday during football season.
 
 
 
 A long walk around what I know as Town Lake(now called Ladybird Johnson Lake) in the Spring is another favorite. The wildflowers are beautiful and it's always nice to see Stevie Ray!
 
 
 
 
The food in Austin rounds off my favorites. Their Tex Mex makes my mouth water, and the BBQ is some of the best in Texas!
 
 
From the football to the food, and let's not even get started on the live music, Austin is definitely a wonderful place to visit(and even live)!
 

#AtoZChallenge 2021 badge

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    You've won me over! That last building is magnificent - town hall? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun time this month....your travels are always fun and your photos fantastic.
    I've only been in Dallas-FW airport final destination Hawaii. I'd love to visit the state of Texas
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!